Community Health Assistance Service (CHAS) for Age 55+
Non-Metro Area Agency on Aging is pleased to announce that assistance funds are available for senior citizens through our Cooperative Health Assistance Services (CHAS) program. Below is the FY 14/15 application steps for completion. Funds are limited and only complete applications will be processed.
Here are the basics of the CHAS program:
- Assists older individuals age 55 or over;
- Must reside in the Non-Metro AAA service area;
- Must be low income (185% of Federal Poverty Guidelines or less).
- The maximum allowable amount of assistance is $200.
- Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Only complete applications with all necessary documents will be processed.
- Prescription Medication Assistance
- Eye Care Assistance
- Dental Care Assistance
- Hearing Aid Assistance
- Medical Office Visit Assistance
- Nutritional Provision Assistance – only one application per household
- Utility Payment Assistance – only one application per household
- Durable Medical Equipment
Application submittal choices:
- Fax complete applications and all required documentation to (877) 293-3710.
- Email complete applications to Dolores Gonzales at email@example.com.
- Mail complete applications to NCNMEDD 3900 Paseo del Sol, Santa Fe NM 87507
All CHAS applications received are thoroughly screened for eligibility. Not all applicants may qualify! You will be notified if the application has been approved and for what amount.
Submitting an application does not guarantee approval and by no circumstances whatsoever does it authorize purchase of any goods or services without our expressed, written approval directly to the agency or company.
CHAS Contact: Dolores Gonzales- (505) 395-2668